Subject: ScreamerNet Questions
From: Stephen Loughran <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 94 10:05 BST-1

Hi to all on the new and improved Lightwave Mailing list,

    I was wondering if someone/anyone could answer me a few questions
about using ScreamerNet.

1/
    I've read on the list that some C= ethernet cards have problems
with ScreamerNet due to them not being SANA II complient. How do I find
out if the cards I have are correct or if I'm going to have to get the
ROMs updated?

2/
    Is the Raptor worth the money? Would it be more cost effective to
get a few Pentiums or high end 486(100MHz) machines instead, and farm
the work out? How many machines can you plug into the net? (I've heard
it is 8 (eight) machines but not too sure). Can these machine be on
their own network ring or can they be connected to a standard (TCP/IP)
network setup? Can you use machines that are usually on the other
toasters network if they are not being used? Can ScreamerNet farm out
one segment of a high res image to one machine, so if you had 4
machines, you could do one image on four machines, 1 segment each?

    thats all for the moment, but i know i've probably forgotten 
something vitally important :)

    Thanks in advance for any information you can spare me

    steve